Monday, March 14, 2011

Life Support inflation

Well, it happened again, my beloved big bag of 8 O'clock Colombian in the 40 oz bag (2.5 lbs) went up in price at Sam's Club. It seems like it was $11.65 last month and now it is $12.47 a bag. When I started watching this coffee price around the beginning of the year it was $11.22 a bag. This is like a 10% jump in the first quarter. I predict that it will be $15 by the end of 2011.

I know coffee is considered a commodity, but to some people... namely me ... it is life support. A bag this size only lasts a little over a week in my house. I expect food prices and other prices to increase about 10% this year. We are already seeing it with food and gas prices. Maybe its not hyperinflation, but its bad enough. As governments try to inflate away their debts, we pay for it.

Brace yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment