Friday, March 11, 2011

Saving to Travel

Here's a nice post at Solo Friendly, a travel blog by Gray Cargill that I think is pretty cool. It puts saving into a different perspective. When you are saving for travel or fun stuff, make it a game rather than a chore or diet. I've been reading this blog for awhile and it helped me when I decided to take a solo trip to Vegas last year to see a bunch of Beatles shows.

"Do you wish you could travel more, but your paycheck seems to be gone at the end of every month? You’re not alone. Especially in the past couple of years, most of us consider ourselves lucky if we even have a job, let alone have seen a raise that has kept us even with the cost of inflation. If the only thing standing between you and more travel is money, then you’ll want to read on. Because if there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s the Saving Game." [read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment